Blizzard has been hinting at it by preparing patches on the PTR for release, and Bashiok was even toying with forum posters last night, but we have official confirmation this morning:
It is time, friends, for the world to shatter.
For the rest of the day this post will act as your homepage and guided tour to all the content in patch 4.0.3a. Any time new content is posted or added, you'll be able to find it on this page—so if you run into anyone who's wandering around Azeroth after the servers come up going "OMG WHAT HAPPENED," just link them here!
Remember, with the addition of new content like this, it's more important than ever to download and run the Wowhead Client. With major changes like this, we want to get new info into the database as fast as possible!
What's In This Patch
- New race and class combinations
- Old World zone changes
- New hunter pets
- Cataclysm music, load screens, login screen, & cinematic
- City Quartermasters, with rep tabards
- Auctioneers added to Dalaran, near the Justice Point vendors
- City Portals removed from Dalaran & Shattrath City
- Experience required to level 71-80 reduced by 20%
- Talent point reset for druids, paladins, priests, and shamans
- Paladin changes
- Priest changes
- Shaman changes
What's NOT In This Patch
By TheOnyx on 11/23/2010 at 8:48 AM"